A86: string decimal -> HL

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: string decimal -> HL

Hello all you Z80 hackers...

Heres the request:

I need a routine that takes a string containing a decimal value, and
store that value in HL. Access to the string is limited to one character
at a time, via a routine called Read_byte, which stores the next
character in the A register.

Ok, to reiderate and expand.

You can use
Read_byte : A contains next byte in string, updating pointer to string,
etc.
Peek_at_byte : A contains next byte in string, not updating pointer.

I have already made the hex version of this... though it needs to be
re-written too. You can tell when you are at the end of the decimal
number because you will run into a character that isn't 0-9 :)

If anyone is up to this challeng I would really appreaciate it.

--awwaiid
Retupmoc7@hotmail.com