Re: A86: Asm-86 12k cap

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Asm-86 12k cap

>You won't know if your 16k asm program starts at the beginning of a page
and
>ends on that page (very, very unlikely) or even what page it starts on.

Well you would have to use _FINDSYM and deal with abs addresses. That should
work fine even if it spans multiple pages

>What I suggest is that RAM page one is put out port 5 and page seven is put
out
>port 6 (if there's enough memory ... a simple _memchk call).  Then, if you
have
>a little free RAM on your calc (I myself have never used more than half),
you
>have an increased limit of 28k on 85 programs.

It it is stored from page 2 on up, that would be a good idea. You could
create a dummy program 16k large to guarantee you have enough memory, then
delete the program and
use page 7 and re-create the program later and fill it with 16k of crap.
Does the VAT change though when you delete a program? If Page 7 is being
used and you delete a 16K program, will that free page 7? That is what I am
wondering

Later,
-Matt
http://www.dogtech.com/cybop/ti86/