Re: A86:sqrt

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86:sqrt

Stephen Hicks wrote:

> I was doing a little bit of experimenting with the sqrt programs, and
> this is what i've found
>
> PARSE: This is run every time the enter key is pressed.

I'm not sure about that, I don't know if it runs for commands or when it
unsuccessfully tokenizes.

> Its parameter
> is the hidden '#' program.  The stuff that's on the homescreen prompt is
>
> there.  However, it's not quite right...?  Also, it rets right after
> calling it, so you could probably jump to the parser after manipulating
> the # program.  I'm going to look into this later - no time now...
> FORM: This too is run once when enter is pressed, and it causes it to
> ret out somewhere before displaying teh result.  I think it has to do
> with displaying it.  not sure, tho

This one's tough.  It should be that doing nothing inside the program
doesn't affect parsing, but you have to change something or else you'll end
up with "Done" ... maybe putting "#" in op1 is enough.

> EXEC: I can't figure this one out - whenever i execute a command, it
> gives me an arguments error.
> HOME: I'm not too sure about this one - I think it has something to do
> with when a character is printed to the home screen.

It's run whenever the text mem is changed.  The a reg has some wacked out
char / keypress type thing .. I tried to map it out a little.  b has the
char written (regular hex chars) and c has the action: 7 for a menu, 3 for
alternate state, 1 for character, etc.  This program seems to screw up
silent linking (a bug?), but I haven't tried it on anything besides the
emulator.

> CMDTOK: I could never get this one to run

I think that this is because cmd tokens can't be changed during parsing (??
- Pat wrote this in that eos document); a separate program is needed for
commands.

> These equates came in handy.  You might want to just paste it into your
> include file or something...  If anyone knows any more than this (i
> didn't bother checking EXPR, GRF, or KEY) please tell me

This is all of them :-)