Re: A86: Interrupt questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Interrupt questions

>the interrupt is a little to slow to make most noises (since its 200
>times a second, no notes above 100 hz and no sampling rates greater than
>200 hz).

Yes, seem reasonable.

>pong probably (i really don't know) plays such a short note
>that it doesn't adversely affect processor time -OR- it oscillates the
>sound, say, every movement the ball makes or something.

or both :) Also seems reasonable. Maybe they use nops to slow it down and
jump to a small sound playing routine so no loss of speed is noticable.
Interesting! Maybe I will modify SQRXZ or frogger and add sound. Then just
send the authors the src and they will have an interesting version that they
may want to re-distrubute.

-Matt

i've never heard