A86: Linking 85<-->86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Linking 85<-->86

I was transfering some zshell games to my 86 from my friend's 85 (isn't
emulation great?!) and I had a couple of questions:

1) Why do the newer versions (I am running 1.0) of ASE corrupt zshell
strings?  Well, not actually corrupt, but ZShell gives ***BAD CHECKSUM***
error.  I think it has to do with how it stores which group it's in.  If
that's all, could someone write an oncalc prog to fix the checksum?  (might
be a nice project for me to learn z80...)

2) Since you can backup your 85 to the 86 (IMHO, a feature TI should have
left on the 86 when linking to the computer), what would happen if you (try
to) send ZShell or another shell to the 86?

Thanks,

David Phillips
electrum@tfs.net