Re: A86: Asm-86 12k cap

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Asm-86 12k cap

that's not possible.  the way 85 programs are simulated is an 85-like
environment is created from $8000-$BFFF in the 86 memory on RAM page 1,
which can be used for this purpose.  since program execution on an 85 starts
at about $9000 (or even later), this leaves only 12K of RAM page 1 to be
used by programs.  you cannot use beyond the $BFFF address because $C000 is
used by _getky routines and even if you move that data somewhere else
temporarily, lots of things would be corrupted (if you didn't understand
that sentence, that's good, 'cause neither did I :)

    Kirk

Lifoo wrote:

> Does anyone know of a shell of prog that removes the 12k CAPof progs.
> There are many games for the 85 and 83 that won't run on the 86 because
> they are too large.  If there isn't a prog like that.  Then I think that
> that would be a good idea.

Follow-Ups: References: