Re: A86: Ticklish?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Ticklish?

On Thu, 2 Apr 1998 21:41:08 -0600 "Trey Jazz" <joemama@minot.com> writes:

>[2nd][ALPHA][F1-F5] (checking for F1-F5 and checking
>the cursor flag for a small alpha) would those work?
>
>>...to get csc, sec, cot, etc... directly from the
>>keyboard (was going to use Alpha-sin, but i realized
>>there were letters :-) Any ideas?

How about this... you _hold_ [ALPHA] down and press sin, cos, or tan for
sec, csc, and cot, OR hold [alpha] (press [2nd], hold [ALPHA]) for the
arc-trig functions (secñ, cscñ, or cotñ).

I just had an idea, if we all use the TI86 font that comes with the
TI-GraphLink software (free download) then the special symbols on the
calculator can be used in messages.  It's a monospaced typeface and
messages can be read, understood, seen as it is on the calculator.

For example:

Earlier Posts           with TI-86 font
---------------------------------------
(sqrt)key               ðKEY
\->\ or -->             ü
small 10                ý
>kPa                    åkPa
N/m^2                   N¸mÜ
Ans J->eV m->km m->km   Ans JåeV måkm måkm
>frac                   åfrac
sin^-1                  sinñ
cos^-1                  cosñ
tan^-1                  tanñ

Just a thought.

Sincerely,
The Unibomer

Jared Ivey
Unibomer@Juno.com
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/7342

"Scientists believe that the universe is made of hydrogen, because they
claim it's the most plentiful ingredient.  I claim that the most
plentiful ingredient is stupidity." -- Frank Zappa

ñ ^-1
Ä pi
Á theta
¾ delta
è integral
é x
ð sqrt
å conversion arrow (unit>>unit)
ò ^2
ô degrees
÷ <=
ø <>
ù >=
û e (10^, not 2.718281828.. )
ü store-->
ý^ *10^

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: