Re: A86: on interrupt

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: on interrupt

Kirk Meyer wrote:

> you can run an assembly program, but that's no good because people can't
> change it.  what i mean is that in the custom routines you can't:
> *    delete or create a variable, which includes modifying it
> *    run a BASIC program, as this apparently involves the need for temporary
> vars to be created

You might still be able to use jp and then force out after it is run.  It
warrants a try anyway, and removing the error handler is worth a try.

> BTW how do you install an "alternate return", and what does it do? is it run
> as a part of the jump to $409C?

It runs as an alternate return from an asm program, but, again, I've never used
it.  To enable for an alt return from asm code I think you need to load the
status with $11 (might be different for basic) and then load the page and the
address of the handler into the following bytes.  Look at Ram86.incI suppose
that to force out, you would load $0d as the page and then $409c or $809c as the
handler.