A86: beginners asm

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: beginners asm

Im trying to learn asm for the 86.  I was trying to make the sample program
in CyberOptics asm tutorial #1.  im 99.9997% sure i typed it out right, but
when i try to compile it, i get an error:no END directive before EOF.  What
does this mean?  what ami doing wrong?  this is what i have (samp1.asm)

#include "asm86.h"
#include "ti86asm.inc"

.org _asm_exec_ram

	call _clrLCD
	ld hl,$0000
	ld (_curRow),hl
	ld hl,hello
	call _puts
	ret

hello:
	.db "TI-86 Z80 Asm is Easy",0
.end

I would appreciate any help anyone could offer.  thanx

Robby Gutmann
gutmann@planet-connect.com
ICQ UIN: 724927      Agonostis on IRC

Some people think Life Sucks, then You Die.  I disagree.  Life sucks, then
you get cancer. Then you go into chemotherapy. You lose all your hair, you
feel bad about yourself. Then all of a sudden the cancer goes into
remission. You look good, you feel good, you're going great, and all of a
sudden you have a stroke. You can't move your right side. And one day you
step off the curb at 68th by Lincoln Center and BANG, you get hit by a bus.
And then--maybe--you die.
--Denis Leary