A86: Serial link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Serial link

I bought an 86 at the end of the summer and I am using it for calc this
year. It's a great calculator but it seems to have game potential out the
wazoo.

I had an 85 before that and built a fully funtional serial ($4) link to
transfer stuff to it.  I can't find any software that will work with the
86 though.  I've tried TI's Graphlink software, wtran8x, connect-85 and a
DOS program that I can't remember the name of.

Is it possible to link using the serial cable?  What software should I
use?  BTW, does anyone know what the protocols are for the silent linking
that the Graphlink software uses to communicate without pushing any
buttons on the calc.

Thanx
Matthew

PS  I am NOT talking about the Graphlink and I am NOT interested in
buying one (maybe if I get frustrated though).