Re: A86: Idea for shell/loader standards...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Sun, 21 Sep 1997 Steve86Asm@aol.com wrote:

> >  A while ago, we decided version 1 of the standard will use abs pointers,
> >  so this is wrong no matter what.
> >
> >  Bill
> >

> Is the loader going to relocate the entire program to $D748 or just subtract
> and add to the address for the name/icon, etc... ?

It will not load the entire name/icon/etc, just the code/data part.

Also, I'd like to stress the "standard" is still just a proposition (as it
says in big letters on the web page).  Any program that follows it now is
probably not going to be compatible with the final version.

--------
Dan Eble <eble@cis.ohio-state.edu>
         (http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~eble)

"Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!" - James 3:5