RE: A86: Tamagotchi?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A86: Tamagotchi?

The electricity that keeps the RAM intact is extroardinarily tiny. The
batteries would last over 200 years if they only supplied power at that
rate. The batteries last only over 200 hours, though, at the rate the
calculator is on. The Z80 is NOT executing instructions when the calculator
is "off"; it is stopped on a HALT instruction, and the 200-times-per-second
interrupts are disabled. (I'm not sure whether the device that generates
the interrupts is disabled or whether the processor is put into a mode in
which it ignores the interrupts without executing instructions). Running
the Tamagotchi would require a program to be running, and would be a huge
waste of battery power.

Why not just ask the user for the date and time whenever the Tamagotchi
program is run? Sure, the user could cheat, but that's the user's problem.

Jeff Tyrrill
http://tyrrill-ticalc.home.ml.org/
http://ti-files.home.ml.org/