Re: A86: sqrxz

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: sqrxz

MTNBIKE560@aol.com wrote:

> l think that it was the virtual screen being turned to OFF that caused it for
> my calc.  the first time it happened l had just started a new game.  the
> second time it was when l paused a game and turned the virtual screen OFF
> before resuming.  Also after deleting a level it remained resident in memory
> for a while.  Are 85 and 86 sqrxz levels compatible?  (they are both stored
> as strings).

The level remaind resident...? You're sure it wasn't in the ANS
variable?

85 and 86 levels are compatible yes. I haven't tried to send a world
between then the 85 and 86, but they use the same format, and there is
no
reason it wouldn't work. However, the 85 levels are compressed and can
not yet be used on the 86 (I had some weird problems when converting
that part, so I skipped it). 86 levels can be sent to the 85 though -
the 85 version of Sqrxz runs both compressed and uncompressed levels.

--
Jimmy Mårdell                "The nice thing about standards is that
mailto:mja@algonet.se         there are so many of them to choose from."