A86: Down and left arrow bug

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Down and left arrow bug

I've noticed that when you press the down and left arrow keys at the
same time on the 86, that it freezes the calc temporarily.  It doesn't
do this on the 85 so I'm assuming this is a bug of some sort.  The
reason this is of concern of course is that that eliminates the
possibility of games with 8-directional control. (like some of those
side or top scrolling space shoot-em-up's on the 85).  Anyways.. this
happens no matter where you are in the calc: shell, graphing, and ASM
programs.  The exception is Penguins.  What is the deal here?  Is this
because Penguins uses its own function for checking keypresses instead
of the built in one?

Chris
chrisg@nauticom.net

"Windows95 sucks less... Linux doesn't suck"