Re: A86: Re: Please help, made mistake somewhere.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Please help, made mistake somewhere.

>Try this:
>#include "asm86.h"
>#include "ti86asm.inc"
>
>.org _asm_exec_ram
>
>        call _clrLCD
>        ld hl,$0000
>        ld (_curRow),hl
>        ld hl,menu
>        call _puts
>
>keyloop:
>        call $5371
>        cp $37
>        ret z
>        jp keyloop
>
>menu:
>        .db "1. DEBUT--a first pub"
>        .db "lic appearance, as of"
>        .db "an actor: a formal en"
>        .db "trance into society",0
>
>.end
>
>I'm no expert at programming either, but I noticed that the first and third
>lines of you string after the .db were too long.  They were 22 characters
>long, but the 86 only has 21 spaces.  So I took out one of the dashes of the
>first one, and put the t of entrance on the fourth line, and it seemed to
>work just fine for me.

>Jesse Celeste

To _puts, it should all be one string, from the start to the null byte at
the end. So line length in the source code shouldn't make any difference.
Unless it's trying to scroll, and that's messing it up... But if you're
running it from a clear screen with no menu open, it should have enough
room that it wouldn't have to scroll...

--Joshua Grams