Re: A86: Reader

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Reader

Cyrus Najmabadi wrote:

> There was a great assembly program for the Ti-85.  It was called data
> reader and can be found at:
>
> http://www.ticalc.org/pub/85/asm/programs/zshell/reader.zip
>
> This program allowed one to view a large amount of text on the screen
> (more
> than the standard 8 x 21) by using a much smaller font size.  Is there
> any
> program like this for the 86?  If not, I anyone working on something
> like
> it?  I found this program immensely useful and would really like to
> find
> something similar for the 86.
>
> Cyrus Najmabadi

The 85 didn't have a built in "small font" like the 82 did.  However,
the 86 does.  It's TEXT(x,y,$text) in the GRAPH / DRAW menu.  Check your
docs..  It would be cool to have a "text file" viewer though written in
ASM if thats what you're looking for more specifically.   Then I could
type up some stuff on my computer, load it in as a string and scroll
through it on the calc.

Follow-Ups: References: