Re: A86: Upgrade ROM?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Upgrade ROM?

At 10:20 PM 9/11/97 -0400, CashOnly@aol.com wrote:
>Hello. I just got an 86, and not many of the programs I got would work.
>AShell and Iridus don't work, and some games act funny. My ROM is 1.3.
>Everything works fine on my friends calc. His version is 1.2. I think that is
>the problem. What should I do?

Nothing, wait a while and things will be made that are cross-ROM
compatible.  Those ASM programs you mentioned were made off of a rom dump,
not a good way to develop compatible programs =P

>Any help will be greatly appreciated,
>Thanks,
>Mikel Blanchard
>
>PS: Can I send a backup of the 86 to the computer? (.86b)

As yet, no, but I do believe I heard someone mention they were working on
something to that effect....

|         Joseph M. Gaffney - gaffney@thethinker.com         |
|           "Tiocfaidh Ár Lá" / "Our Day Will Come"          |
|  "If Ignorance Is Bliss Then Knock The Smile Off My Face"  |
|                   The Creative Outlet                      |
|       http://www.thethinker.com/members/gaffney/           |