Re: A86: TI-86 Direct Input!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: TI-86 Direct Input!

At 02:42 PM 9/7/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello Everyone,
>
>	I had an 86 for sometime, but didn't have the courage to start z80 on it
>till today.  I do know z80, I have an 83, and I made a Periodic Table for
>the 83.  Yet I decided to try to convert it to the 86, it is all text, and
>I will release it after I find the answer to one question.  The question is
>at the bottom.  Anyway, the TI-86 does use the same Direct Input keys as
>the 83, at least for some things.  It worked for me on Chem.  What is
>direct input ?  Tell the calc the row of the key, then it looks for it in
>that row.  Here is an example :

>#include "asm86.h"         ;this header file *must* be before ti86asm.inc
>#include "ti86asm.inc"
>
>.org _asm_exec_ram
>
>init:
>	call	_clrLCD
>	ld	hl,15*256+0
>	ld	(_penCol),hl
>	ld	hl,presskey
>	call	_vputs
>
>GetKeyLoop:
>       ld      a,0ffh          ; Reset the keyport
>       out     (1),a
>       ld      a,0fdh          ; Enable the row with clear
>	out	(1),a
>	in	a,(1)
>       cp      191             ; Check for clear
>       jp      nz,GetKeyLoop
>	jp	z,quit
>
>quit:
>	call	_clrLCD
>	ret
>
>presskey:
>	.db	"Press Clear to Continue!",0
>.end
>END

>So that is that.  Anyway, for the codes, etc, goto the TI-Files or my page
>(http://ahmed1.home.ml.org), and read my TI-83 ASM Journal (I mean 83, not
>86) under the TI-83 Docs/Info section, I think it is the second or 3rd, and
>the last one probably has it as well.  Just wanted to share that.  Now for
>my question(s):
>

>1. To finish Periodic Table, how do you turn RunIndicator Off ?  I tried
>call BUSY_OFF, but I get a syntax error with Tasm (I use Alan's ASM86 2.0).
> Is there a define or something I forgot ?

I decided not to include it at the last second because when I tried it, it
didn't work, so I said screw it.  Pat added those two to ti86asm.inc
recently, though

_runindicoff                     equ            4AB1h
_runindicon                      equ            4AADh

those should be self-explanatory

>2. How do you convert a pcx to asm ?  There is a program to do it for the
>83, but I want to know how to do it for the 86.

don't know, never needed to do it

>3. What is the 86 equivelent of (_grbufclr)?  And is it possible to get a
>picture from 86 vars out by recalling it w/a basic program and then doing
>the equivelent of (_grbufcpy_v  aka. Copy Graph Buffer) ?

there's probably a call to clear the graph screen, but here's the code

	ld hl,$C9FA	;address of graph screen
	ld de,$C9FB
	ld bc,$03FF
	ld (hl),0