Re: A86: Standards

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Standards

Alan Bailey write:

>  Probably all the non-code files (not programs) on the calc should be
stored
>  with $0B type.  So then, continuing with the table theme, it could be
>  something like this:
>
>  	ret	;so no running of this type of program
>  	.db 0   ;this could be a type byte, such like:
>  			;0 - library (functions, routines)
>  			;1 - game levels
>  			;2 - icons?
>  			;3 - saved games or something liek that
>  	whatever data is needed
>
>  This protocol could also be changed easily just by adding another type in
>  the future

Actually, I think that it would be better to have it either call that error
message that finexec does or jump to an error message, rather than just ret.
 Also, the table would be nice if it included a pointer to, or just the name
built into it, so that it can be identified.  It might start with two nops to
signal that shells not display them for execution, and then have 4 bytes (to
allow for set(/res) (IY+n), and maybe 1 more if that doesn't automatically
ret) during which to call error messages, ret, or jump to another part in the
code that will display this error message.  After these 4 bytes should be:
.db 0        ;Type, 0=data, 1=lib, 2=icon.  The save games would fall under
data
.db "My Game's First Level",0        ;This would be just a description for
the shell or
                                                   ;lib/data/icon file
deleter.
Data: