Re: A86: Standards

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Standards

On Fri, 5 Sep 1997 Steve86Asm@aol.com wrote:

> Is there any established standard for data files?

No, and it's something we should definitely discuss.  It would be good to
store all data in type $0B variables, so that they don't get confused with
other variables.  Each data type should have it's own identifier: maybe a
4-byte name (similar to extensions in DOS) stored within the variable.
Somewhere, perhaps on my web page, we should keep a registry of all the
different types of files so that no one will duplicate one and mess
something up.

First, a format must be decided upon, though.

--------
Dan Eble (mailto:eble@cis.ohio-state.edu)
         (http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~eble)