Re: A86: String???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: String???

>   If I wanted to write information from an assembley program into an
assembly
> string, how would I go about doing this????
>
>  I'm writing an assembly program that requires this.

An assembly string?  Do you mean a string which has assembly code?  Even if
you're just using the string to hold data, tho, this should work... Try
FindVar, and then if it's not found (or is the wrong one) use CreateString
(but be sure to delete it if it's found and not the right size) and then load
BDE->AHL (I think that you need to, if so, just "ld a,b\ex de,hl") and use
the LoadPage call to load the page and point HL to the string, then just
bypass the size info (1st 2 bytes I think) and start writing data. (or just
use the 24-bit data loading calls, b/c you'd need to watch for loading past
the end of the page...)

(Hopes this mail was a little more legible than the last...)

~Steve