RE: A86: Key info

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A86: Key info

See the great tutorial attached for info about binary numbers. When sending data to the key port (out (1),a), you mask out the keys corresponding to the bits set in a. In your case, a=%00111111, you mask out all the keys in the row for bit 6 (bit 7 is disregarded) in the key table in the port info I sent you. Then, by using in (1),a , the bits set in a corresponds to that of the columns in the key table. E.g. bit 6 would be set if the exit key was pressed, or bit 3 if the F2 key was pressed.

-Martin

Stud. tech. Martin Blix Grydeland, Computer Science NTNU
E-mail: grydelan@stud.ntnu.no