A86: Problem sending Strings with _puts!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Problem sending Strings with _puts!!!

Hi, I recently started programing in ASM on my TI-86, Rom v1.2. One of my
first programs that I wanted to do was to display text to the screen, but I
typed in the code to display one line of text on Row 7(if the 1st row is 0),
and it would display the text fine. After this if I opened up any menu or
double menu at the bottom of the screen and then ran the program, it will
only display the first letter of the string or nothing at all. I have noticed
the same problem in a varity of games including Ztetris(2 player mode
screen), Orzunoid(High score screen), Pac-Man 98(The "Level" text while
playing), and Z-Kart 3D(Score and Text at bottom of playing screen), there
are others too. I find that it is annoying to keep closing all the menus
before playing. If anybody knows of any way to close the menu bar(s) with ASM
code or  code to write to the screen standard characters(not varible-width
characters) without causing messups while menus are open would be a great
help to me and the authors of these other ASM programs.

-Ian Preston