Re: A86: Chem86 equation balancing

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

MogKupo0@aol.com wrote:

> << > BTW I love chem86 for my chem class but it seems to have a very annoying
>  > bug.  After exiting the program from Ashell or from just the asm( command
>  > the TI-OS seems to not display correctly.  The problem is if I move the
>  > cursor to the left to change what I typed in the characters to the right
>  and
>  > underneath the cursor disappear.  They reappear if I go back to the right
>  > they reappear.  This problem only goes away after turning the calc off.
>
>  Uh-oh. That sounds like a stack overflow problem. Very dangerous.
>   >>

> Not to bash on Chem-86, it seems to be a very useful program even though I'm
> not in chemistry, and I'm friends with the author, but I ran it one time and
> these wierd characters- 4 of them, I think, appeared on the screen. When I
> hit enter or some other keys, the characters moved about 7 spaces over, then
> when they got to the end of the screen, it just blinked when I pressed
> anything. I had to pull out the batteries. Whatever is causing this bug needs
> fixing!
>
> KUPO
>
> P.S. I ran it from AShell.

Chem-86 is a great program but I also noticed that after it is done,
characters are covered up when you move backwards.  One other thing I
noticed is that while massing a compound with () it gave me an incorrect
answer.  I don't remember what the compound was but it was something like
Ba(OH)2.  I don't know that much about asm so I can't tell what it is,
but I think the coding may be off a little when using parenthesis.
-Josh
Note- I haven't been using any shells.