A86: Excitebike....?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Excitebike....?

Anyone who knows ASM,

      I would undertake this myself, except for the fact I am JUST know
beginning assembly..  Anyhow, this was a game on Nintendo I'm sure some of
you will remember.  Really fun, but the levels are just repetitions of
certain obstacles and backgrounds, so it shouldn't be too hard to program.
There's the little motorcycle guy who needs to be able to move up and down..
A temperature gague which can over heat..  The different types of ramps and
"deadmen"  which just repeat in different locations on different levels..

     As far as movement goes, the cycle can move up and down between the
different lanes..  He can also lean back, like to do a wheelie, or lean
forward when he has jumped in the air..  There are arrows on the course
itself to increase speed, and mud to slow you down..  The only control
required would be the arrows to move and lean and the 2nd key for the
throttle..

     If anyone remembers playing this game or would like more info..  Let me
know.  I'll help as much as I can with my limited programming know-how.
This shouldn't be too hard, and would probably be quite easy to get it to
the degree of perfection which could be found on the Nintendo..  We could
have a single player race at first, then maybe add the computer opponents in
another version..  A two player (via link) mode might even be possible..

     Feasible?  I hope so...  Fun?  For sure.  Any comments would be
appreciated...

Thanks,
Luke Parobek