From: Martin Blix Grydeland <grydelan@stud.ntnu.no>
To: 'assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org'
Subject: RE: A86: Re: Interrupts and calling
Date: Thursday, November 27, 1997 7:25 AM

Ofcourse it is possible to do all the assembly from "within" the interrupt,
and no, the interrupts wil not be running during the program. That is
exactly the problem. Many TI-OS calls rely on the interrupts to do work for
them, and these calls won't work during the interrupt. jmw will definitely
not work, because it uses _getkey for keyboard check, and the _getkey call
gets the keyboard input from the interrupt.

As for the other rom calls, you would have to first load rom page $0D into
$4000-$7FFF. And in the end restore this to what rom page was loaded her.

Now, in order to run jmv from an interrupt, you would have to start it with
the interrupts still running. I presented an idea for this below, and found
it did actually work. But to get jmv to work this way, you would have to
rewrite it do to all the necessary cleanup afterwards.

-Martin