A86: Re:

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re:

Bruce P. Jackson wrote:

>         I wrote and asked for some help a few weeks ago for linking help.
> I had explained that I had built the pararell link and used cal. The odd
> thing was that I could write programs on the TI and transmit them to the 386.
> I couldn't transmit all the programs from TI calc's archives. The thing
> was frustrating because the link worked but all the advice I got was for
> diddling with the link. So it boiled down to a character by character
> comparison between a program I wrote on the TI and a small program from
> the archives. I did this with a 386 running dos 6 and a 286 running
> dos 5 sitting right next to each other. I had been copyiny the archive file
> character by character using ascii code in edit, when I noticed that the
> right arrow symbol 10 was represented by ^z on the 386. That is NOT the
> representation when a TI file is viewed through edit. The right arrow
> symbol from the 286 matched the symbol on the archive file. Bingo! The
> light went off and I transfered everything to the 286 and it transmits
> like a champ. SO... the question is.... are those control characters
> represented in different ways or... is the 386 (GASP!) too fast for the TI?

i dont think its because the 386 is too fast (laughing here) i think its
because of differences maybe it how cal acts on the diff puters or in
edit, try using the two under windows in the notepad, see what it says
then, get the two files on a computer u can send from and send both to
the calculator and see what happens when u run both (if you can)