A86: Reading files

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Reading files

>Muhammed Galadima wrote:
>>
>> hello,
>>
>> does anyone know how to select a file in the calculator's memory,
read
>> it's contents and store it to a register, 1 byte at a time in hex?
>
>you cant store a file in a register, registers can only hold 8bits of
>data, but you can store it after the textmem (gets deleted after
exiting
>program) or make a table and store it to that

Do I have to store a prog to a table or to the textmem before using it's
contents? can't I just use one byte of it at a time as it is being read?

my question was how to read a specified file from the calculator's RAM 1
byte at a time.  ie. how do I know where it starts in the RAM?

Lets say I have aurora on my calc and a few games: pj, tetris, frogger,
sqrxz, penguins, etc. Now I make a program that copies files to another
calc. The program looks through the RAM of one calc like hexview/memview
and displays the files it saw. Now I select tetris and the program reads
1 byte of the file starting at the mem address found with the RAM
viewer. The byte is sent to another calc. The other calc has a prog that
reads the byte from the link port and puts it into a file. This is
repeated until the whole program has been transferred.

Or maybe I am overcomplicating this?

Thanks for any help
Muhammed