Re: A86: Disassembler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Disassembler

>  > I've been contemplating writing one as well, and if there was one made,
I'
>  > use it.  On suggestion, tho, is that you should make it like a mem
viewer,
>  and
>  > have the assembly available by pressing a key and it will disassemble
one
>  line
>  > at a time (starting with the 1st byte on the screen or something).
 That,
>  IMHO
>  > would be the best way.
>
>  This would work great until data or arguments happened to be at the start
of
>  the
>  line (just about always).

That is something that really annoys me about disassemblers, something like
this:

 jr Label    ;18 01
 .db 18      ;18
Label:
 jr Label2   ;18 00
Label2:
 ;Whatever

That would disassemble to:

 jr $+01    ;18 01
 jr $+18    ;18 18
 nop

which isn't right...  If you make it start at the beginning of the line (as
long as you can start the line with ANY byte) it will often give you the
wrong code, but will make the right code available easily, in my opinion.

~Steve