Re: A86: Menu text table, AHL

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Menu text table, AHL

At 04:31 PM 12/26/97 EST, you wrote:

>Does anyone know the location in ROM of the table that has the
>length of all of the variable length "menu text" characters in it?

It's in with the character data. This starts at $4A14 on ROM page C, and is
organized by ASCII code. Each character has 7 bytes, first the width byte,
and then 6 bytes of character data. BTW, it looks like it might be possible
to do a user variable font, but I haven't gotten that far in disassembly yet.

>Also, could someone explain AHL to me. I half-worked it out on
>my own, but I still end up with 2 or 3 possible page/address
>locations when I do it by hand.

I _think_ A is the page and HL is the offset. But I haven't really looked
at it yet.

--Joshua

Follow-Ups: References: