Re: A86: 86<-->85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: 86<-->85

> Is there a way to send programs from the 85 to 86, or 86 to 85 without a
> computer? I was thinking perhaps it would be possible to change the
> VAT entry of the program into a string, then send the string. But how
> would you do that? Or would this entail much more than this?

I have done it just as you said. First of all, you can send programs from
the 85 to the 86 normally. But if you want to go back, you have to make
some "changes". During lunch one day, I was optimizing a math
program that one of my teachers had ported to the 85. What I didn't
realize was that I was using my 86 to do it. So I quickly figuted out a
way to send it back.

First, I opened up the 86 memory viewer (and turned on ASCII). I
went to RAM page 7 somewhere around $BExx (I have 50+ solver
equations) and found "snospmiS" (I think it was the Simpson's
rule program anyway...). I worte down the address and opened
the memory editor. I went 6 bytes after the "S" and found $12.
That is the byte that indicates the type of var. I changed it to
$0C. I then sent it to the 85 with no problem.

That's where I ran into my second problem. I had forgotten that
my 85 had crashed and I didn't have a memory editor on it. No
problem. I just went into a new program and recalled the string
(luckily it wasn't tokenized, remeber to edit your program before
changing it to a string). Delete the quotes and you've got it!