RE: A86: ignore keys

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A86: ignore keys

Doesn't a shutdown affect the starting address when you turn the calc back on?  I think you have to patch the rest of the prog to that point in RAM (look at the password programs to get a better understanding).  Second, look at a program called menulock for the 85.  it disallows access to the mem and link menus.  It works by intercepting the keypresses, although it has a few bugs due to the way that it works, it can protect a calc for the most part.  I think there's also a way to disable the memory and link procedures altogether.  If you use a tsr to cat h those keystrokes, you might be able to use a fake display mechanism from there on.
Christopher Kalos
raptorone@stuytech.com
Executive Director/Administrator
Virtual Technologies Developer's Group

problem 1)  The way to get the calc to execute the prog when it starts is to
shut it off from within that program, then it will still be executing the
program when you turn it on.  For instance, the first commands of the program
could be to turn off the calc.  The next commands would be (in this case) a
getkey.

problem 2)  I know you can make the cursor seem normal and operate normally
(as far as movement) by using "_asap_ind" and "_exec_pg3".  If you know how
to use OP1 and "inc" and "dec" and "_YTOX", it should be possible to make it
do just about any math functions you want it to.

Warning