Re: A86: Link Support----TI Docs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Link Support----TI Docs

 >> program Z80 assembly right on calculator, I guess it has a built in
>> assembler. It also has the improvements of
>
>No, it has no assembler.  You have to type Z80 machine code in hexadecimal
>in order to write programs on the calculator.  This could change (wink,
>wink), but don't ask me about it, because I have quite a bit to do before
>I even start that project.

I just got the calculator today.. I guess not. Hmm.., how would you go about
in making assembly programs?
Does the software use an assembler, or do you have to assemble it yourself,
or what?

..does the TI-83 asm programs work with the TI-86? Does the TI-83 asm docs
apply to the 86 asm
at all? The manual only has 1 page on asm, how cheeeeeeeeeeeeeesy!

>> I hope the TI releases more info on the 86 too! Like asm stuff...
>> Once it becomes more popular, I'm sure they will more willing to do so.
>
>They've already said that they're willing to do so.  Check their web
>pages.  The difficulty is that there's *lots more* info to process for the
>86 than there was for the 83.

Well its already been over six months now since the release in Jan.

>> TI-86 will run all of TI-85 basic programs... the asm programs should be
>
>Except those using the PrintScreen function and intending 1/2A to be
>evaluated as 1/(2A), I believe.

Small problem, only minor changes needed. At least the bug is fixed with the
86.