A86: Serial (Thrifty) link support for the 86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Serial (Thrifty) link support for the 86

Yes, I am sure that the TI Graph Link is a decent product and I know that
they have very good software to support it.  I have a thrifty link that a
friend made (he practicly went into production for a while) and it has
worked fine for almost a year.  I don't want to by the Graph Link because
it costs thirty times what mine did and it is SLOWER.  I don't want to
step on any toes, just asking about support for the other links.  Does
anyone know, or working on support yourself.  Also, from what i've found
all the serial links are software compatible except for the Graph Link
which really runs two connections (calc--link--computer).  To link to my
85 I use Magnus Hagander's Connect-85 even though I don't have a
Connect-85 link.
If I wanted to try to do this myself, where would I look for information
on how the GraphLink accesses the calculator and what the variables look
like.  Clearly it is different than the way calc to calc transmitions
work; i'm not just interested in the calculator port info but the
protocols secific to computer--calculator linking.

		Matthew