Re: A86: DOS link software

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: DOS link software

>If you're diligent, and you have a program like Debug, you can modify the
>existing 85 software to load files that start with the 86 header.  I did
>this with Link85 for the grey cable.  It sends everything just fine.  It
>doesn't receive program files.  I don't know if it receives other things.
>Backups would probably not work, but I have not tried them.
>
>Nobody ask me to distribute the modified Link85.  I will not.  If someone
>points me to a DOS Patch program, though, I will write a script to do the
>changes.

Or, you can do what I did (I have a Mac.)- Download Forker for ResEdit,
which lets you manually edit the data forks of programs, then write a
macro to change the header on the file itself adn drop it onto
TIAutoType.  Now, all you have to do is highlight the file and run the
macro.  It becomes an 85 file. Viola! (The problem here is compiling.)

James Yopp
jyopp@pobox.com
"Time is the fire in which we burn."