Re: A86: Libraries and Loaders

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Dan Eble wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Aug 1997, B. Nagel wrote:
>
> > Are you familiar with PhatOS (by Martin Hock and someone else)?  It uses
> > a special var obj to hide strings from the OS.  If we did this with
> > functions wouldnt appear on any menus.  Its like having one big library
> > where we could select exactly what functions we want to save space.
>
> I forgot that there's a special variable type that's not used by
> anything.  It's $0B, isn't it?

actually, there are like 5 unused on the 86, $0B is one of them (TI
calls it INVALID)

> That's a really great idea!

cool

These library/function vars wouldn't need any special formatting or
tables, but we better play it safe and use a version # at the beginning:

.dw $0000
.dw pFixupTable

I was thinking that the import table could be like:

.db $0B,$06,"sprite"
.db $0B,$07,"findpix"

Incase the libs arent always $0B, the first number could be changed.
(and it coincidently happens to be the same format needed for rst 20h &
rst 10h ;)

Now about pointers in the table,
Why be relative when you can be absolute? :)

I think people would rather do:

 nop
 jp Start
 .dw $0000