Re: [Re: A85: Features for a new shell]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [Re: A85: Features for a new shell]

so by "putting a lot of functions in the shell itself", you're saying like a
universal grayscale routine, a universal sprite blitter for 8*8 or 16*16+
sprites and an aligned gray routine like GCP 'er something?  perhaps an
install-interrupt routine that doesn't use shadows (stupid Usgard) - i.e. push
/ pop all the registers?  ahh... what other features from Usgard are there...
ahh, the multi-key OTH_ARROW routine, and OTH_EXIT are also useful.
i was just thinking about how every grayscale prog. has it's own routines like
that.  OTH_CLEAR is real simple, but that's also used often.  kinda like
micro$haft's DLL's, i guess.  yeah, the ones that don't exactly quit & end up
just being resident pests that use up mem.  and people wonder why the only
micro$haft program I use on my mac is winblows '98, ms-dos & ms-edit.
(virtual PC)

this ain't really on topic, but if it were possible to relocate on the ti-86,
i.e. jump directly to the start of a prog w/o copying it to _org_asm_exec,
that'd be real neat.  problem being tho what happens when the SP reaches
$FFFF?  there'd need to be an interrupt that checks the carry flag for that, i
suppose.

- Robin
President of ()rion Productions

Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com