A85: Assembly virus

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: Assembly virus

Alright, I know this couldn't possibly work else it would have been done
before, but why couldn't someone write code that would use Usgard's TSR
calls to attach itself to the system and then wreak havoc with the
system somehow.  My thought was perhaps have it increment a 32bit
location, then read a 16bit location which is the less-significant side
of the 32bit value.  If that 16bit value = 00 (basically.. the 256th
time Usgard is loaded) then hang the system.  Or delete variables.  Or
diddle the first 7 bytes of Usgard so that IT will hang the calc.  Etc.

I don't have the mad skillz to do this, but if I did, I would!

--Matt Cooper