Re: A85: Forgot this!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Forgot this!!

>Oh yeah, Yoshi85 crashes the calc
>when I exit the game.  Is it just my calc or is it happening to everyone
>else?

  It has not happened to me. I tried it out for about an hour exiting at
random places. Does it happen every time? If you exit from the title screen
(before playing the game), does it crash? Does it occur if you exit manually
or if you wait until GAMEOVER?

  I took a quick look at the source, and I found one small thing that may or
may not be the bug that you are referring to. Yoshi uses TEXT_MEM, but it
lacks the neccessary set/res command to use that area. I'll forward the new
85s to you to see if that solves the problem.

>  One more quick question:  How easy is it to port from 83/82/86 to
>85?  I don't see a lot of ports of sweet games for the 82/83/86 to >85.

   It really depends on the game/programmer. 85 porting is difficult
(annoying is more like it) due to those stupid & signs. You practically need
to go through a source code line by line putting them in. As a general rule,
it's easier to move up in TI numbers, than down. Converting 82 games is
easy, 83 games are a little harder, 86 games can be either easy or hard
depending on the programmer (usually, the better the game, the harder to
port).
   Sam