Re: A85: Sprite help...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Sprite help...

In a message dated 7/5/99 5:26:07 PM MDT, shunt@apex.net writes:

>  WOOHOO!!!! Thank you so much! It finally works.  I feel kinda dumb
>  overlooking that though.
>
>  So I know the difference between graphics, text, and video mem but, why
>  would you want to save something in the graphics mem instead of video mem,
>  and when you do, how do you display it?
>
>  Stu

Sometimes, if you're displaying quite a few sprites, you want it to appear as
if all the sprites are drawn at once.  If you draw them individually, with
enough of them, you'll get flicker.  So you draw everything to the gfx mem,
then copy the gfx mem to the vid mem (usually by < ldir>).  If you really
want to get advanced, you can change the vid port address ;)

JL
Macross Software