Re: A85: More on chem program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: More on chem program

The following have two decimal places on mine: Titanium, Zinc, Germanium,
Selenium, Krypton, Strontium, Ruthenium, Cadmium, Indium, Tellurium,
Xenon, Barium, Cerium, Neodymium, Samarium, Gadolinium, Dysprosium,
Erbium,  Ytterbium, Hafnium, Tungsten, Iridium, Platinum, and Mercury.
The only two that have one decimal are Osmium and Lead.

Justin Bosch
justin-b@juno.com

On Sun, 17 Jan 1999 02:04:41 EST BSharp81@aol.com writes:

>On my copy, the only element with only one decimal place is Pb (Lead).
>think you need atleast two decimal places to make accurate
>calculations
>(preferably three).  However, this does end up taking up more memory,
>which,
>unfortunantly, is in rather short supply.  If you are talking about
>elements
>with atomic weights with no decimal places (i.e. Technetium, 98 )
>those are
>elements that do not exist naturally.  Good luck with the program.  If
>didn't answer your question or you have more, ask away.
>
>Greg Sharp
>

>> On my periodic table, some elements only have masses with one
>decimal
>>  place.  Is this because the next few are zeros, or because they
>have not
>>  determined them more accurately?  Remember, every decimal place is
>one
>>  byte, and with 112 elements, that is 112 bytes for each extra
>degree of
>>  precision.
>>
>>  Justin Bosch
>>  justin-b@juno.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]