Re: A85: stupid remarks

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: stupid remarks

Were you regarding that question to me? Oh, I use Windows 98, but not
on my free will. My parents are not comuter literate and don't know
jack squat 'bout any computers.
I'm planning to use a Linux in the near future. Of course, I'm only 14
and don't really have funding yet for my "Linux Dream Machine" that is
planning to build a low-end computer of maybe 3-year behind technology.

P.S. Have you heard of BeOS? In PC Computing, it is said that is loads
in less than 10 Seconds...

---PXGray@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/6/99 1:50:13 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
> japiitul@freenet.hut.fi writes:
>
> > Winblows is really good word... how could you otherwise put this
in single
> > word
> >  - it's price has blowed way too high (about 10-20 times the real
value)
> it's
> > codebase
> >  is really huge - for ex. graphics APIs... we have GDI,
DirectDraw, MCI and
> > plus the
> >  APIs to APIs... Windows' codebase is about 5 larger than it would
need to
> be
> > for
> >  that functionality... comparing to real operating systems, in
which you
> have
> > initially
> >  only the core, kernel, and can freely decide what additional
components you
> > want to
> >  include or leave out.
> >
> >  The price for this bloat is slowness and eror proneness!
> >
> >  Bottom line: Winblows is justified.
>
> Do you use a Mac or a Linux system?  Or are you just justifying the
word?

==
__    __
\ \  / /
 \ \/ /
  \__/isit my Website on TI-85 at: http://www.geocities.com/Augusta/9822/tifiles/ticalc.html
Updated at least once a week.
"A Calculator for every Home" --Quoted by me!!!