Re: A85: stupid remarks

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: stupid remarks

>In a message dated 1/5/99 6:39:44 PM Eastern Standard Time, Daren Ho
><cyanide_hd@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> Actually, there is one kind of virus, but it's a macro virus and it
>>  only effect Winblows Microshaft's mail program.
>
>        Wow, that was really funny how you made fun of Microsoft's name like
>that.
>I'm not sure if anyone else gets the joke, but this guy is trying to make it
>seem like the operating system "Windows" blows, see how he cleverly put the
>two words together like that.

Winblows is really good word... how could you otherwise put this in single word
- it's price has blowed way too high (about 10-20 times the real value) it's codebase
is really huge - for ex. graphics APIs... we have GDI, DirectDraw, MCI and plus the
APIs to APIs... Windows' codebase is about 5 larger than it would need to be for
that functionality... comparing to real operating systems, in which you have initially
only the core, kernel, and can freely decide what additional components you want to
include or leave out.

The price for this bloat is slowness and eror proneness!

Bottom line: Winblows is justified.