Fwd: A85: Linux terminal

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Fwd: A85: Linux terminal

>From: "Mike Dombrowski" <legodude@home.net>
>To: assembly-85@lists.ticalc.org, ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
>Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 21:59:33 -0500
>Subject: A85: Linux terminal
>

>Hello TIPeople
>
>I have a TI85 and a linux box and just for fun I want to set up the
>TI85 to be a dumb terminal. Is this possible? If it is would I use
>ZTERM? All I would want to do is logon and do a ls-a1 then brag to
>all my friends.
>
>Thanx so much
>
>Mike Dombrowski

Yeah, it's possible. You would have to write the software for the calc.
But that's simple, the software would just send and receive all data
from the link port. The harder part is with the Linux box. The linux
machine has to think the calc is part of a network, so you would need to
write or find a serial network driver or a terminal server driver that
either treats your calc like a node on a network, or simply routes all
input and ouput through a COM port.

Hope that helps.