Re: A85: Custom menu handler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Custom menu handler

>What I have found so far is that there is a structure at $820E that holds 5
>pointers to the current menu's entries.  What I need to know is where the
>heck is the routine that retrieves the data from there, and uses the data
>it points at.  I want to know exactly how it works so I can find a way to

>From TI-ROM.TXT

+- Display menu indexed by
A -------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+
| Call 146B8        |  3DAE |  3DB1 |  3DB1 |  3DB1 |  3DB5 |  3D85*|
3DA0*|
+-------------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------
+
Input:  A = menu to display
Result: The menu is printed on the bottom line of the screen.

Menu Numbers
------------
[snip]
7A CATALOG
7B CUSTOM
7C TOLER

>switch memory modes in the middle of an ASM program, cause I found a way to
>make a shell run in split stack mode depending on what data is at where the
>custom entry points to.

Are you refering to that document on ticalc.org ? Based on what I know from
the TI82, I think it is likely that the document is not entirely correct,
and that the the splitstack is caused by the input handler. If this is the
case, make a shell use splitstack memory management is fairly easy, but I
dont see why anyone would want to use it.

>By the way, where is the input handler?  I'd like to know where the

I dont remember, I probably have it written down some hwre if you really
want it, but i might take some time to find.

>TI-BASIC calls are at, too.  I know you know where they are Dines.  I may
>be able to get them to work, but I need to know where they are first.

Actually the function I found was the one which executed a piece of
tokenized BASIC code. The advantage of knowing how to use that function is
that it would make it possible to do everything you can in BASIC using asm.
As with the input handler, I might have the addresse somewhere, but I would
have to check first to see if I can find it. Most of the work was actually
done on the TI82, and then the functions was located on the TI85 afterwards.
Using the function I found it was possible to locate some BASIC functions,
but I never succesfully executed one. (BTW I should probably thank Andreas
Ess for the help onlocating InpSt).

After I found out how the input/program buffer is used by the input handler
I think I realized what I was doing wrong when I tried to execute BASIC
codce from asm, but I have never had the time to go back and check, and
unfortunately I am not sure I wrote done all the information. I am however
fairly sure that if you want to execute BASIC code you would have to
understand both the handler system, the input/program buffer, and some of
the menu system. This is alot of work, but it would be cool to be able to
include a few BASIC functions in your code (one could make a BASIC -> asm
compiler).

Dines

Just out of curiosity, what are you planning to use this for ?