Re: A85: Does someone want to work with me on a game??

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Does someone want to work with me on a game??

> Ok, this is a simple question and I don't mind rejection, but I would like
>  to know if some people (it really doesn't matter how many) want to work
with
>  me on converting the source of Wrath of Zalthar from Zshell to Usgard and
>  then finishing the game.  This would really help me out because I know a
>  little about assembly, but if I could work with someone, they could teach
me
>  a lot more.  Mostly, I need someone who knows the commands in Zshell that
>  correspond to Usgard.  On that note, does anyone know of a table or text
>  file that compares Zshell's commands to Usgard's commands.  I know that
>  there are some differences just by looking at the source for WOZ, but I'm
>  not sure what corresponds to what.  So if you are interested, drop me a
line
>  at mxpxfifws@geocities.com or reply back to this newsletter (I would prefer
>  you email me so I can reply and put you in my address book right away).

I already converted it to Usgard. Check the version on Icarus if you want to
see what needed to be changed. It looks like I might also take over the
project, but Andreas still needs to decide. There aren't many things you need
to change going from ZShell to Usgard. The main thing is that call CALL_()s
and JUMP_() are replaced with just call &addr and jp &addr. You also have to
change loading of things in the game, but that is totally different. See
below:

 ld hl,NAME
 ld de,(PROGRAM_ADDR)
 add hl,de

becomes:

 ld hl,&NAME

where name is:

NAME:
.db "name",0

Hope that helped. There are tons of other things you can still convert to
Usgard tho :) I just beat you to WOZ :)

-------
NAME : Mikel Blanchard, of Macross Software
WEB   : http://macross.calc.org/
EMAIL : cashonly@calc.org
ICQ     : 3033904 (CashOnly)