Re: A85: ROM Browser

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: ROM Browser

In a message dated 9/28/98 1:40:07 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
c958362@student.dtu.dk writes:

<< When the first version of the emulator was released (version 0.01alpha) a
 ROM image was also released so that it would be easy for people to
 use the emulator. A few month after this was done Rob Taylor and I both
 received an official letter from TI telling us to remove it imidiatly. If
 we did not remove the images, TI would contact the lawyers (breaking of
 copyright). The letter also included a paragraph which stated TI's policy
 on the area, and according to that it is illegal to give/send a copy of
 your ROM to anyone else no matter what (even if the person own a TI85 with
 the same ROM version). Since this all happend a long timw ago I do not
 have a copy of the email, and I can not remember the name of the person.

 Dines >>

This can't be right, because it is not violating a copyright law to upload a
pirated file from to the internet.  It is only a violation of copyright if a
person downloads it, and even then, you take no responsibility.  Therefore if
TI called their lawyers there would be nothing they could do against you.
Also, on your site, you should include a warning that legal action could be
initiated if the pirated file isn't deleted within 24 hours of d/l.

-Gray