Re: A85: ROM Browser

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: ROM Browser

When the first version of the emulator was released (version 0.01alpha) a
ROM image was also released so that it would be easy for people to
use the emulator. A few month after this was done Rob Taylor and I both
received an official letter from TI telling us to remove it imidiatly. If
we did not remove the images, TI would contact the lawyers (breaking of
copyright). The letter also included a paragraph which stated TI's policy
on the area, and according to that it is illegal to give/send a copy of
your ROM to anyone else no matter what (even if the person own a TI85 with
the same ROM version). Since this all happend a long timw ago I do not
have a copy of the email, and I can not remember the name of the person.

Dines

Dines Justesen
Email: c958362@student.dtu.dk
WWW  : http://www.student.dtu.dk/~c958362/

On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, Michael Pearce wrote:

> Just because there may have been one person at TI who requested you
> not to put a ROM on the internet, does not mean that is the company's
> policy.  who was it that sent you the email, dines?
>
> -mike pearce
>
> On Mon, 28 Sep 1998 10:18:27 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:
>

> >On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, Dines Christy Justesen wrote:
> >> TI does not like anyone posting ROM's om the net. If you do they will have
> >> you take it down (I have received a ltter like that once).
> >>
> >> Dines
> >>
> >They sure make it a pain.  That really squashes collaberation.  Since we
> >don't all have the same ROM version.

Follow-Ups: References: