Re: A85: ROM Browser

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: ROM Browser

On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Ben Sferrazza wrote:
> One other thing I forgot to mention.  What sort of routines are we in
> search of?  I mean, complex mathematical routines (floating-point
> arithemtic) would most likely be rarely used in asm.  Aren't the
> location of some of the math routines documented by TI for the 86?  IF
> they are (and you had someone dump the ROM for a particular routine on
> the 86) you could search for a similar block of code on the 85 (they
> probably reused much of their code).  The routines I would be interested
> in finding would be any variable related routines.  Like how the
> calculator repacks memory upon deleteing a variable.  The 85 also does
> some sort of shifting of the RAM.  Any code such as this could be used
> in a relocator routine in an OS, saving a lot of coding and memory.

Actually, all this got started when someone said they wanted to make a
table program in asm.  They wanted a routine that evaluted an equ variable
(y0,y1,y2...)

But it looks like I'll have some free time over the weekend.  So I might
get started on the ROM Browser.  I was just kind of brain storming on how
it would be.  Once it's written I'll mess around with it to see what it
needs to make it a good tool.

-Humberto Yeverino Jr.

"I kick ass for the Lord."

Home Page: