A85: new 85 hardware...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: new 85 hardware...

It seems to me that everyone wants bigger better games.  Lately I noticed
that the answer was adding new hardware to the existing 85(DHOS & wave
device.)  I tried not to get involved because I disagree and didn't want
to rain on anyone's parade.

When someone posted about pressuring TI to make a better calculator(really
more of a hand held) someone said "you can only push the z80 so far."
What confuses me is why most people(or just active message posters) would
rather build new hardware than write a better shell to use the z80 to it's
full potential.

I'm still amazed that programmers haven't switched to Rigel.  The programs
are smaller, faster, the code is just straight z80 (no &s here and there)
and the shell is also smaller. The only thing Usgard has that Rigel
doesn't is VAR routines.  But I never see them used that much.

The only real problem I have with external hardware is that if I write
something for it it only gets to those who have the hardware, since there
is no wide distirbution my audience is VERY limited.

Hope I get some feedback on this...

-Humberto Yeverino Jr.

"I kick ass for the Lord."

Home Page: